Friday, January 16, 2009

Dixon's Daughter....

...has a name now.

This morning I, for a second cd, put on Trent Willmon's first album. It usually takes us 2 cds to get through a milking.

I have been needing a name for Dixon's little girl. So far I had come up with NOTHING! And I was starting to get a bit frustrated. I wanted to have something to call her. And I was completely stumped...

The second song on Trent's album is "Dixie Rose Deluxes". Dixon's grand dam was Dixie...

Can you guess where I am going with this?

Well anyways. The little heifer is going to be Maqua-Kil Dixie Rose Delux. Yes I know silly but it fits her. I think I will call her Rose for short. But at least she has a name! So now I can do my registrations for them!

Stay warm out in this brutal cold. I wonder where global warming went....

And for anyone who isnt familiar with the song....


4 comments:

kristen said...

Don't you love it when the answer serendipitously hits you (in the ear-drum)?!

Breezey375 said...

I love it! Great song.... And it has the name Becky in it. On the way to add it to her 31st post!

Broken Y said...

Hey there! Wasn't sure which blog to post on so doing both! Glad you stopped in for a visit! Hope you come back!

My sister and her husband own LaPar Dairy in Lathem, Kansas. They've shown as well. I always enjoy watching Dairy shows!

Blessings~
P.

Paintsmh said...

Kristen, yes I was quite pleased. Given I really REALLY needed to start getting the papers done on her!

Becky, Glad I could help.

Broken Y, either would have been fine, as I check both often. Thanks for taking the time to stop at both. And I will definitely be back for a visit soon!